What is WinOLS?
WinOLS is an application, which is written especially to modify the memory contents of ECUs.
It facilitates the searching and finding of maps, which can then be named and viewed in different ways and changed. To change the data, different functions are available to edit the maps.
All data and maps are stored in project files. These project files hold all information obtained in the course of processing of a given controller. Other information, such as customer name, car number, and image files can be added.
Modifications of maps can be stored as ‘versions’ and can be commented. Up to 200 versions of one original file are possible.
All modified projects are shown in a list, which can be filtered and sorted. So it is easy to find an already modified project again.
|Item number||Description||Number of workstations||Checksum points inclusive|
|OLS502-PACK20||WinOLS software newcomer* version||1||20|
|OLS502-PACK20 Upgrade||Upgrade from OLS502-PACK20 to OLS501-PACK20||+1||–|
|OLS501||WinOLS software full version||2||–|
|OLS501-Licence||Additional license for OLS501||+1||–|
Comparison of the WinOLS versions:
|Change project data||x||x||x|
|Connect / Accept changes||x||x||x|
|Text / 2d / 3d||x||x||x|
|View absolute / delta / percent||x||x||x|
|Automatic map search||x||x||x|
|Many configuration options||x||x||x|
|Use external hardware||–||x||x|
|Use (checksum) plugins||–||x||x|
|Buy Reseller projects||–||x||x|
|OLSx export / Mass export||–||–||x|
- New: Newcomer license with reduced functionality* (no scripts, clients, Reseller seller, OLSx export, mass export)
- The 2er license enables the usage in one company. All registered computes must belong to one company. Only the employees of that company are allowed to use them.
- Strictly forbidden is the selling, renting or passing of licenses, that means customer number and password
How does WinOLS work?
The automatic map search finds maps and shows them in a list and also directly in the data:
The preview window can be freely moved and sized and shows the selection as 3d-map:
Program code, empty areas, maps etc. will automatically be recognized. An overview window shows, where you can find what in the file. Program code and empty areas will automatically be shown pale.
Every checksum module (purchase separately) automatically recognises if it can be used and corrects the checksums immediately after every change. Even in real-time while the car is running. If you don’t have the right module yet, the push of a button is enough and online all existing checksum modules will be tested for your project. This way you know for sure which module is the right one. Modules can be purchase online around the clock. You will receive your module within minutes.
Features of WinOLS
- Original and version: For every project the original is stored permanently. Changes will be stored as version (the number of versions is not limited). Changes are displayed in colour and you can restore the original values any time.
- Multilevel undo: Up to 50 editing steps can be undone.
- Scripts for pros: If you work with similar cars, you can store the changes as scripts. This allows you to apply the changes for every new car within seconds.
- Automatic comments: You can enter comments for every project and every version. Further more they are automatically commented when you import or create new versions.
- Online project search: Our online-database can automatically fill in the fields like producer, chassis, etc. Several other fields, like Bosch number will even be filled in automatically when you’re offline.
- Complete overview: The project overview shows all your projects in a configurable and searchable list. Within the fraction of a second, even if you have hundreds of projects.
- Versions: For every project you can create as many versions as like. The version over shows which maps are changed in which version.
- Open for other projects: WinOLS can import and export binary data, Intel- and Motorola-Hexfiles. Entire maps and the map list can be exported to Microsoft Excel. Maps can be ex and imported from a project.
- Accept changes: Copy the best changes from old projects. Even if the maps were moved to a different position, they will still be automatically recognized.
- Extensive help: Texts in the status bar, tool tips for the icons, Instructions for every dialog. WinOLS keeps you informed which every step. Furthermore you can download the entire documentation as PDF here.
- Many other features. Too many to list all of them here…
WinOls is a dedicated program designed to modify the data memory of ECUs (Engine Control Units). The WinOls software helps you search and find maps within the ECU data file. These maps can be names and altered in view and format to suite your needs and requirements. Through several different methods, you are able edit and modify the data file.
Each original file you open is stored as a ‘project’. Each modified file you save in that project is called a version. You can save up to 200 versions within a project, allowing for very extensive research and development programs to be carried out.
Where can I buy WinOLS?
You can buy WinOLS directly from the source by going to EVC.DE. These days it’s much easier to obtain a WinOLS license.
Where can I find files for WinOLS?
You can find files for WinOLS on our marketplace. Click here to browse the marketplace.